Earn some brownie points this year by planning the perfect Valentine's Day weekend now. Whether you're in a new relationship and want to show your other half what they mean to you, or you've been together for years but want to rekindle some of the magic, Valentine's Day in London could be the answer. Read some inspiration on things to do in London on Valentine's Day 2020.
Romantic Valentine's Day Ideas
While somewhere like Paris or Venice might win the votes for the most romantic city in the world, there's no denying that Valentine's Day in London can be an incredibly romantic occasion too. Venues all over the capital are hosting events to help you show your loved one a truly memorable occasion. A few romantic Valentine's Day ideas include:
- An evening under the stars at the Royal Observatory Greenwich. Snuggle up watching an incredible planetarium show, watch the moon and stars through a Victorian telescope, and stay warm with an included hot beverage.
- Get cosy with a romantic film at The Berkley's Rooftop Winter Cinema. This truly romantic, atmospheric winter cinema venue is screening classics like You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally this year. Tickets include the use of blankets and hot water bottles as well as a bottle of champagne, an Aspen themed food menu, and unlimited mulled wine and hot chocolate.
- Romantic poetry of London walking tour. This completely free Love Poetry of London tour will start at St Paul's Cathedral, and will guide walkers around the City of London while listening to the romantic poetry of Jane Austen and Samuel Johnson.
Quirky Valentine's Day Ideas
For couples looking for something a little more unusual, London will not disappoint for Valentine's Day 2020. There is always something unexpected and slightly strange going on in our capital city, so couples who like to break the norm have plenty to choose from. Ideas include:
- Channelling your inner Moore and Swayze at a pottery class. Get handsy creating your own piece of pottery at Studio Pottery London in Belgravia. The studio offers beginner sessions to give guests a taste of pottery making, plus you can take home your creation as a memento of your date.
- Vault Festival in Waterloo. For some edgy, underground entertainment, head to Leake Street in Waterloo for a taste of Edinburgh Fringe Festival. There are all sorts of acts to check out – some well-known and some more obscure – so take the plunge and watch a wide range of arts, theatre, cabaret and comedy on mismatched furniture.
- Experience the delights of a Russian Banya. There are a number of spa venue and baths in London offering this uniquely Russian experience. For anyone who doesn't know, a Banya is a sauna in which visitors are struck with birch or eucalyptus branches in order to stimulate blood circulation. As a date for Valentine's Day 2020, this would certainly be a memorable option.
Regardless of what kind of angle you're looking for, for your Valentine's Day in London, the city will not disappoint. With a huge array of date ideas to choose from, and some world-class food at your fingertips, the only thing left is to book an affordable boutique hotel. With three branches located across London, our 4-star Gem Hotels will provide the ideal base for your weekend away. Take a look at our locations.